an(e)vil

My photo
Existentialism-- Just a bloody good excuse to go riding...

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Build: Dialledbikes Alpine 853-- Part 1

Hanging in the storeroom for 2 weeks after giving the frame a once over....I'm still waiting for some final bits to come and a rear hub to be fixed.

As usual leave it to Dirty and his rancid brain to find a way to wrangle some good stuffs. So it looks like I'm getting a whole re-designed axle and freebody assembly from Goldtec for the Draco hub. Cross finger this time it would work without any more hitches....








Bike color is such I have no idea what kind of a final look it would have... just go along and experiment with what I have... already some of the weirdest color combo surfacing.....



Can't decide which bar and combo would go on so just try both on...
 













Seems alright. Matches close enough with the matt green PIKE 426.















Let's see how the black/silver combo goes on there....
















Dork alert! Like all my other bikes are in the build process...
Alright just throw in a blinky blinky Point 1 spacer-top cap thingie just for the feel good factor now...

(the leopard in my 12 year old tea cup must be shaking its head)












Got to get myself one of those tools and some good deremel bits. Its bloody hardwork with a bastard file.

(The apple pie has absolutely nothing to do with the bashguard or the file. All relationships are purely platonic).















Finally.... my cheapo bashguard bought even cheaper from a blow out sales 3 years ago put into use.










!!! 2:00 am... Ok Everything back into the storeroom.... time to pack, saddling up in 6 hours time.

No comments:

Post a Comment