an(e)vil

My photo
Existentialism-- Just a bloody good excuse to go riding...

Friday, January 11, 2008

Second week into the new year, boring boring..... planner is already filling up
and I am cussing at all the burnt weekends ahead which means no riding.
Ok I hope crude will shoot past 300 a barrel and people might contemplate canceling flights because its too expensive to fly. Driving to work? Oh well it just means better excuse to cycle to work instead.

The more I keep my mind on biking, the more unconventional ideas comes to mind. Was taking a smoke break yesterday and saw a motobike with a red anodised riser. except for length, sweep, rise and angles all look to be what i am looking for but couldnt find it in traditional mtb brands. Check with the rider and found it only cost 15 bucks a piece. Bingo! Compare that to 80 bucks.

the other thing I was googling today? suspension oil. Well like I suspected, basically major brand like Fox and Rockshox simply get theirs from some companies and its just a matter of relabeling . Hell even the black plastic PE bottles are the same. Change a sticker and up the price by 300%.

The more I dig , more alternatives are surfacing for many of the things used in mountain biking compared to sourcing from just traditional avenues.

Knowledge is indeed Power...... yea ONE for El Cheapo

No comments:

Post a Comment