an(e)vil

My photo
Existentialism-- Just a bloody good excuse to go riding...

Saturday, September 21, 2013

B.Y.O.E.


Tiny willing model: Almost missed it if not for a tiny jump from my peripheral vision

Remembered I didn't quite get to field test the alcohol can stove the other day... An impromptu decision at the supermarket led to a B.Y.O.E. dinner tonite. With the missus, no less. Rare enough she cycles with me and even rarer she is game with tonite's plans...



B.Y.O.E.? Yea. Bring Your Own Eggs and definitely one of the best I've cooked facing the sea with a cheapo two bucks non-stick pan from Daiso.

Ok another of our more frequent meat-less dinner these days. Gotta make do with carb since packing without much prep. Sun dried tortilla chips with cheese dip.

Well, turns out my dingy alcohol stove worked well beyond my expectation. Strong salty wind didn't faze the cheapo can once it was properly primed.

Before dinner...
The route was something I discovered last week while taking a run. Through the park connectors into a nature area. One of those precious bits of mangrove that's left on this island and preserved with lots of bird watchers frequenting this area...

Purpose built walkways right into the mangrove but done properly and not destructive. I only wish people would stop littering. Its really quite an eyesore with all the non bio-degradable plastics around in some parts of this place.



Then we passed something seen on a local TV program on paranormal activity... It did look kinda spooky later on the way back when all was but dark and chilly.... Was it really strangely chilly or twas that my imagination...hmmmm


The Samsung S3 takes really good pic in bright light but the today's pics are seriously all crappy since we started out at ~6pm. What a waste as we saw one of the most beautiful (and huge red) moon ever after dinner! 2nd day of the new month on the 8th Lunar Month. The pics below absototalutely do no justice to what was out there tonite.

 

With a little aid from my 900L front light

Still wobbling on her foldie, I really didn't know what prompted us to take the by now pitch black route through the mangroves again. Well its dry and has all those nicely nailed together wooden planks but still... Thankfully I armed both bikes with enough lights for tonite...

Some section got a little more adventurous...


And whOops,  I almost crushed a baby python with the Pugs... Backed off in time and shine the light to take this pic.. Little guy obviously wasn't very happy. We were on our way soon enough though.

Pretty fun night overall and was thinking again over something I had been mulling over these last few weeks... another fat bike and re-jig the present one for the missus...






No comments:

Post a Comment